Simple steps to do-it yourself smokey eye make up
- Use the right mix of lighter and darker eye shadows: A smoky eye is essentially created by blending together lighter and darker shades of eyeshadow to create a smudged effect.
- Choose your colour: Start by choosing a good eyeshadow palette with at least three shades.
- Apply the shadow: Apply a layer of the lightest shade as a base, then blend some of the medium grey into your socket line.
- Highlight the corner of eyes with dark shade: Finish by applying a bit of the darkest shade to the corners of your eye – winging it out slightly to create a little flick as this will make your eyes appear bigger.
- Line it up: Give your look some extra impact by adding a black eyeliner. Pick a soft liner as this gives it more of a subtle smudged effect. Line the top of your eyes, creating a flick to match your eyeshadow, then add a bit to the outer corner of your bottom lash line.
- Finishing touch: Finish off by sweeping mascara over your top and bottom lashes. Avoid unsightly clumps by choosing one with a fine bristled brush.