July 24, 2015 by admin
Hair care tips for summer
Trim the damaged sections of your hair, especially if you tend to have frizzy hair and keep them short during summer. Wearing a short hairstyle during summer lets you enjoy the sun, without having to put all your worries on your hair.
- If you do not want to cut short your hair, remember to wear a hat, cap or scarf, slightly loose enough to allow scalp circulation, to protect your hair against the damaging effects of the sun.
- Before swimming wet your hair. Cover it with a thin layer of conditioner and leave it in until you shower after your swim.
- Keep your hair knotted or wear buns or plats to avoid total exposure to sun and thus control frizzes.
- If you are planning to stay long in the sun, use a protective sunscreen on your hair before stepping out. Avoid maximum ray damage by minimizing bare head exposure to the sun between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., when the sun’s rays are the strongest.
- Try using Sun Hair repair mask, after your hair is exposed to the harmful effects of the sun for a long duration.
- Avoid using additional heat on your hair, meaning make the least use of hair dryers or hair curlers on your hair. If at all using it, remember to condition your hair before you do so.
- Avoid hot water hair wash, as the heat can damage your hair. Use cool water instead.
- Avoid using alcohol on your hair during summer, as it tends to dry your hair to a great extent. It is therefore advisable to use natural products instead. Instead of shampooing your hair frequently try some powder treatment on your hair. Sprinkle some baby powder on your hair and simply comb it.
- Shampooing your hair everyday deprives the hair of its natural moisture. So, try not to shampoo your hair daily.
- Try using moisturizing shampoo during summer, rather than the normal shampoo that you use during other times, as they are much gentle on your hair.
- Deep condition your hair after each shampoo wash.